Download QR Code Source
This add-on is available for free from the Layer Store.
The QR Code generator is implemented as a source.
- Download the QR Code Source from the Layer Store.
- Double click on the .zip file to expand it.
- Double click on the "QR Code.tvsource" document to launch mimoLive and install the source.
- To create a QR Code, add an instance of the QR Code Source to your Sources.
- Click on the setting cogwheel the right hand bottom of the source to bring up the settings panel.
- Enter the string you want to encode in the field "QR Content".
Their smartphone can be made to perform various tasks when viewers point their cameras at the QR Code. Here is a list of some of those tasks:
Proper URL Encoding
All the information entered in "QR Content" must be URL-encoded.
(This information is based on "Barcode Contents" by Sean Owen)
|QR Code Action||"QR Content" Example|
|Open Web Page||https://mimo.live|
|Send an Email||sendto:[email protected]|
|Call a phone number||tel:+49-89-8400550|
|Add Contact to Address Book||MECARD:N:Boinx%20Software;ADR:Josef-Kistler-Str.%2012,82110%20Germering,Germany;TEL:+49898400550;EMAIL:[email protected];;|
|Send a Text||sms:+49-89-8400550:Hi%20there|
|Open a Destination on Map||geo:48.133884,11.359026,540|
Set up the pixel dimension for the QR-Code to match the size in the video
By default the QR code source is rendered in the pixel dimensions of your Program Out. But the QR code usually is a square. Therefore there are transparent areas on both sides of the QR-code. Those can make it difficut to place the QR code image correctly on your video. Switch the "Render Size" option from "Document Size" to "Custom" and set up the dimension to be a square and in a size that matches the pixel size in the video.
To display the QR Code in your video, you can use the source in any layer. We recommend to use the PiP Layer because that layer automatically masks the entire area of the QR Code.
Updated about a year ago